The Yoga Room in Norfolk, VA is hosting Christy Brock this Sunday, June 24, from 3:00-5:00 p.m. for a yoga class for teenagers. Because of the many requests from adults to observe the class, Christy has decided to open it up to adults and include an hour-long discussion/training following the teen class. The cost for adults to attend 3:00-6:00 p.m. is $45.
Here’s why you should come and what you will learn from attending:
- How to meet teens at their level
- Create a sacred space for teens
- Incorporate appropriate yoga partner work
- Include knowledge of anatomy
- Use language that teens understand
- Sequence a class with poses that build on their ability, and yet provide challenge
- Develop a relationship with teen students, even if it’s just one class
- Make a teen yoga class both fun and relaxing
Q&A discussion follows the teen yoga class. You will have the chance to ask Christy your specific questions and get personal training.
Christy is thrilled to share her techniques with teaching teens and to empower others to spread useful tools of yoga to more teens. Observing an effective teen yoga class is an important foundation to becoming a teen yoga teacher. For ten years, Christy has been giving trainings preparing adults to teach teens yoga. The class observation piece is always treasured by the trainees.
Please register for the training by emailing the studio owner here.